Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Enjoy Canadian Content


Hi there, I remember when I was in elementary school, we used to go every year to the film Festival, and while I was surfing on the net, I stumbled on the Toronto International Film Festival website of the festival that just ended 2 days ago.

The TIFF is a 10 days festival. During those 10 days, viewers have the option of seeing any of the 300 and more shorts presented, and are entitled to two screenings during the festival. The TIFF is a very good opportunity to see what Canadians do well, because it is not only USA who can make good movies/shorts.

I believe shorts are an important part of the movie industry. That is because I think every story should be told, only some of stories are not long enough to be played for a 2 hours movie. Short films go right to the point, and it’s refreshing.

Everywhere in Canada you can go to see Film festivals, there is one in Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver. As all of you know, there is a lot of Asians in Toronto, so there is a special festival called Toronto Reel Asian Film Festival in November. If you've never been in a film festival, I highly recommend it, because there are shorts for every kind of genres, even if you’re a fan of western movies.
MoviesRme007



Above is a CBC video talking about this year's TIFF.

No comments:

 
MySpace Backgrounds