Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The battle between Book and Movie


It’s a great challenge to transform a book into a movie. You basically have to turn into an action a description and try your best to show an emotion through a feeling in a book. Mostly I think everybody that likes reading will agree that usually a book is better than the movie. That is because the reader visualizes everything in his mind, the characters and the location. A joke can seem funny on paper, but once acted, not funny at all. I really like that they make movies interpretation of books, because not everybody likes reading. It gives them the opportunity of seeing very good stories. Also, when they release the movie, it makes me want to read the book. There are some amazing books that never get turned into movies. I love comparing the two though. I liked the book better for Misery (Stephen King) but I liked the movies better for Stardust (Neil Gaiman). I guess it depends on many aspects such as the writer, the author the cast and many more.
MoviesRme007

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I totally agree with you! I remember in 9th grade we read the outsiders and reading the book was AMAZING, first book I think I actually read cover to cover. I visualised something in my mind and then Mr told us there was a movie I was so excited but once I saw the movie I was so disappointed. The book was 10000 times better. I know my sister and a lot of other fans were very upset once she saw the Harry Potters because I was nothing like the book.

 
MySpace Backgrounds